Saturday 22 August 2020

Autumn Is Here


 This just out:


It's Autumn.

It is a beautiful day. There is something in the light that whispers, I am here. We are winding this hectic season down. Autumn is upon you, and soon, the rains will come.

There is a brightly suited goldfinch at the feeder. The bees are more relaxed in the wake of showers. Everything, however imperfect, looks beautiful. The sounds of chickadees, of my neighbour speaking in quivering Italian with her daughter, then laughing, the soft insistent rush of traffic a few doors down, a distant cry of a crow.

I love this place. This life. This flawed and momentarily tranquil self.


2 comments:

Pat said...

Good morning Dear Casey, I loved reading your Blog this morning It transported me right to the place you speak of. Stay well my dear and will one day I hope will be able to take a trip to see you. Love Pat

Casey Wolf said...

I'm happy this post transported you, Pat--and I do hope something else transports you here someday, too. <3