Sunday 10 December 2017

What is the Kindest Thing You Ever Did for an Animal?



What is the kindest thing you ever did for an animal?


A few months ago my nephew Isidore finally wore me down by sending links to interesting things on Quora, a site I have mentioned here before (methinks), where questions are asked, answered, and bandied about. I could no longer resist at a certain point, and signed up so I could answer a question. I have myself only asked a few, and I discovered today that one that I did ask several months ago has about a dozen answers, some of which are very moving, and all of which are touching in the way they reveal each author.

In reading through the answers which for some reason I just discovered I had not been notified of, I was inspired to write another, edgier question. (Which just got it's first answer, I notice.):

What is a time when you did not act to help an animal and have always regretted it, and what were the circumstances that made you hold back? Would you act differently now?

Used correctly, this site can be a great way to affirm my sense of the goodness of humans, and my part in it all. (Used incorrectly, well...you know.)

Here are the answers so far; the link, in case you want to add a reply or see if there are any more comments, is above with the original question. I would love to hear what you have to say.

12 Answers

 
Eon McLeary

Lea Velasco
Jim Johanson
Pavan Joshi
Sharyn Wolf
Pete Green
ArjUn A
Hmm
I love animals but I don't have a pet
I plan to adopt a dog and give it the best company once I finish my studies
And make people aware that animals feel pain too.
Answers that need improvement
Dale Richards, Home Healthcare Nurse/caregiver(not former,current
Everything I do for animals or people...is kind.


2 comments: