Tuesday 5 June 2018

Homeward Bound




Well, my friends, it has happened at last, after nearly two years of panic and searching.
I got a place.
I feel compelled to tell you not to get too excited because of the deficits--less space, less privacy, no garden, no balcony, not allowed to feed my friends, the birds. I feel equally compelled to say I am hugely relieved, and feel hopeful that this can be a comfortable and happy home. The people seem lovely, the building is secure, clean, and well maintained (as is the yard), and I trust the organization that runs it. It's even almost in my old neighbourhood, so the wrench won't be so huge.
Thanks to the Army, Navy, and Air Force Veterans of Canada for building subsidized housing for aging folk.
Above is Beth, my new building manager, who is herself a breath of fresh air. Below is my (gasp) view.



2 comments:

Pat said...

So very happy for you Casey dear! It may not be exactly perfect but it's yours and that's good. You'll be settled in in no time. You'll have to private message me your new address. Love you Casey

Casey Wolf said...

Thanks, love! Have I sent you my address?