Saturday 9 November 2019

The Beautiful World of Europa


Harvest time in Jona, Switzerland

Oh, what a lucky one I am.

This fall I had the opportunity to travel to continental Europe for the first time. I visited relatives in Switzerland and a friend in Italy, spending two weeks in either country. 

One of the things I like most about doing things I've never done before is that they are never in reality as I could have imagined in fantasy. The plethora of bicycles in Switzerland, the number of Vespas in Italy; the quiet voices of the Swiss and their blissfully music-free restaurants; the welcome given to dogs in Trieste--in buses, in restaurants, all over the place. But I won't try to say anything definitive about either place, or dredge up any brilliant insights to sprinkle through this post. Instead I will let a few photos speak for the places visited, and leave it at that.

Jona, Switzerland





Rapperswil





Bern





Neuchâtel (and the Laténium)





St. Gallen





Venice, Italy





Trieste










Grazie, Danke schön, good night!



Images: All photos © Casey June Wolf  (2019).

No comments: